Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012


bees dance
on the fairy duster.
springtime pollinators


oh, the magic of bees!

     Don't you love the name for this plant? Quick time yourself for a moment.  How many flowering plants can you name in a minute?
On my walk this morning
I saw belted Galloway cows,
a donkey, pygmy goats, 
a red tailed hawk,
a Great Blue Heron,
two gold finch
a cardinal female
a squirrel
a robin,
a mockingbird,
a brown sparrow,
Then later in the day 
I saw a huge black turkey vulture.
I'd say it was a pretty good day.


    Can you make a list of all the animals you see today?  Or if you'd rather you could make a list of all the plants you see today.  Use this data to write your own list poem.  Have a great day.



3 comments:

  1. You are featured on my blog today, my friend! So sad that I missed your contest. Hope this makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna,
      What a thrill, and I didn't even know about this until the day after i got home from my trip to North Carolina. (I needed my barbecue fix.) Thank you for the honor. I wrote you a long comment for your blog, but it got lost in cyber space because wordpress keeps losing me.
      Maybe I should develop my own blog award for great posts--it could be a crown and we'd could call it the Princess Award. I'm not the queen because there is only one of those, but there are lots of princes and princesses. Put your crown on and let's boogie.
      Thanks again. I am humbled. We'll party again soon.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    Fairy duster is a great name for this plant. It's lovely! I also liked hearing that the bees dance and pollinate. What a great variety of animals you saw in one day. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete