Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lizard

Lazing 
in the 
zenith of the sun
a whip tail
races
deep in shadows.



for many
loving
occasions,
wisteria vines
entwined with
roses are 
sent to loved ones.


Freesia
Lilacs
Orchids
Wisteria
Easter lily
Rose
Sent to say I love you.

     Most acrostic poems are a variation on the list poem.  So today I've been playing with those.  
     Remember that list of animals you made on Monday?  Can you take one of the animals and write an acrostic for it, or use the word ANIMAL and write an acrostic list poem using that word.  
    Have fun.

1 comment: