Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Left Over Eggs

In my lunch sack
is a hard boiled egg.
I'll let you have it
no need to beg.

Would you like
a deviled snack?
I also have those
in my sack.


   Jelly beans, chocolates, hard boiled eggs?  What left overs do you have from the holiday weekend?  Can you write a poem from the left overs?  Perhaps you'd like to try an acrostic.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I overhead some people talking about memories of hard-boiled eggs left from an egg hunt and forgotten in the yard until their aroma reminded them again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids always used the dog to help them find the eggs, so I never had this problem. But, I can remember using powdered sulfur on the bottom of my jeans and long sleeves to prevent the invasion of chiggers when I lived in North Carolina. It was a question of which was worse--itching for a week or smelling like rotten eggs for a couple of days. Of course my clothes had to be washed as soon as I took them off, otherwise they'd stink up everything in the laundry hamper. Rotten eggs is not a nice smell. What are some smells you don't like?

    ReplyDelete