Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Kitten

   On Thursday i volunteered at my local library for National Poem in Your Pocket Day.  I helped the children make pockets.  We decorated them and then wrote poems to go in our pockets. 
   A group of young girls,Ariana, Leylany, Reece  asked me to write a poem about a cat.  After some brain storming, this is what we came up with:

I have a little kitten.
she calls to me meow.
She never, never scratches.
I don't think she knows how.

The only time
I hear her hiss
is when she wants
a good night kiss.

Meow, meow,
hiss, lick, kiss,
purrrrrrrrrrr.


     Can you write your own poem about a cat,dog, or a fish?  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one.... especially since it was a group effort with the kids. ILY.. cloey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Joy. I snickered about the cat possibly not knowing how to scratch. Thanks for sharing a poem you wrote while helping kids.

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete