Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bird Song Morning

The cactus wren sits
atop the giant saguaro
to sing a trilling song
in the early morning.






She calls to the hummingbird
who sits at the top
of the ocotillo
to enjoy this early morning.




The hummingbird calls hello
to the white wing dove
who sits atop the giant saguaro
to eat from the fragrant blossoms.




It is a morning full of bird song
trilling, thrilling
atop the giant saguaro.


     What are the sounds you hear this morning?  Can you write a sound poem?  Have fun and I hope you have a great weekend.  I'm off to North Carolina today.

No comments:

Post a Comment