Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Merry Monday


Just for today
let me be the quail
with my imperial feather
bobbing in desert winds.

Let my song 
be a mermaid's siren
calling to you
to come enjoy
the desert sun.


     I'm having fun watching the quail with their funny strutting walk.  The top feather really does bob.  And this one in particular had attitude.  He seemed so full of himself as he walked from one end of the fence to the other and then back again. 
    Have you ever felt that way?  Like you want to strut your stuff?  Today find something you really feel proud of yourself for. Walk with confidence and share your goodness with the world.  Write a poem. Share it with others.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Inspired by beautiul JOY and Quail's invitation...

    Just for today
    let me be poetry
    with eloquent rhymes
    beating on each verse.

    Let my words
    be forever green
    inspiring
    colorful art-
    the palette of you.

    Cory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps this would be better:

      Just for today
      let me be poetry
      with eloquent rhymes
      beating on each line.

      Let my words
      be forever green
      inspiring
      colorful art-
      the palette of you.

      Cory

      Delete
  2. Love the original, and Cory's response!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Carol. And CONGRATULATIONS on being the lucky winner of David's COWBOYS.

    Cory

    ReplyDelete