Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012






Sparkling drops of dew
shine upon the morning grass
each drop a new world







     I just returned from a trip to North Carolina.  It is impressive to me how green everything is there.  So different from the desert of Arizona.  I love  seeing the dew on the grass on my morning walk. 
     Stop what you are doing right now and look down.  What do you see?  This spot where you are standing at this moment is your world.  If you were an ant what do you think it would feel like to be in this world.  If I were an ant crawling in this grass, I'd be having my morning shower.  I'd be waking to a world of sunshine and getting ready to fight traffic to get to school.  It might be along walk.  Can you write a poem, in the ant's voice about being in your landscape?
Today write a poem about where you are.  Have fun.

5 comments:

  1. This poem really spoke to me today Joy - thank you for sharing your gift with us :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie,
    What a blessing you are to me. I've been really busy today trying to catch up and get all those things I let slide while I was gone done. Already went grocery shopping. The washing machine has been running all morning too. So thank you. I needed the gift of your words. Thank you for commenting and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your poem Joy as I'm home sick with the flu and it kind of picked me up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ken. I'm sorry you are sick. Sure wish we lived closer so I could bring you some soup.
    Rest today and I hope you feel better tomorrow.
    Tomorrow I'm volunteering at my local library to help the children make pockets to put poems into for National Poem in Your Pocket Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy,
    I hope you enjoyed your time in NC. Will you share some pictures of the poem pockets the children create? I'd love to see them?

    ReplyDelete