Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nesting Cactus Wren













A desert sunrise
shining on a Saguaro
where cactus wrens nest


      I'm not sure if you can see the wren in this picture.  She is peeking out of her nesting hole on the right side of the cactus.  She has a nest in this Giant Saguaro.  It is spring time and plants and creatures are birthing.  There are lots of golf ball sized quail scurrying over the road and new little western cottontails are the size of a softball.  I counted six on my walk one morning this week.  
    What new is happening in your part of the world?  Can you write a poem about it?



2 comments:

  1. cute.... thank you for pointing out the wren... ily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    I love being able to enjoy your nature walks with you. Keep spying great discoveries and sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete