Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Spider People

Natives talk
of spider people
who spin our future
weave links to the past.
Their silver threads
stitch our hopes
to the stars
to twinkle,shine,glow
even in the darkest
of times.

     Today is Friday the thirteenth.  There are lots of superstitions surrounding this date.   What is your favorite fairy tale, fable or folk tale?  Can you turn it into a poem?
I hope you have a happy, safe day.

4 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I hope you'll consider creating a collection of desert poems for publication. You show so much heart when you speak of the customs, the wildlife, the scenery. I wanted to know more about the woman at the loom in an recent list poem. Please say you're thinking of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Linda--I'm actually working on several. I hope you enjoy the acrostics that are coming this week. And can you believe it, next Friday is my blog's birthday. I've been writing a poem a day for a whole year--some days more than one. And all the while you have been there to support and encourage me (and suffer through all my mistakes and errors.) Thank you.
      Now all I have to do is find a publisher that would like to publish these poems.

      Delete
  2. I think you're thinking of the spider pin. WHich is it, Joy? Or none of the above? beautiful poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A birthday celebration is due! Oh boy!

    ReplyDelete