Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, August 27, 2012

A CONCRETE POEM

M
Y

U
M
B
R
E
L
L
A

My

Um

Brella

keeps

me from

getting wet.

It is so good

it's not

rained
y
e
t.

     Can you see the shape of an umbrella?  Do you know why it is closed?  I do like writing concrete poems, but more often than not, I just start out to write a poem and then after it is written, the poem tells me it wants to be concrete.  And once I know what shape the poem wants to be, it is so much fun seeing if I can shape the poem.  (Yes, I know if you are reading this post on your cell phone all the spaces have been deleted, so you can't see the concrete poem. RATS!) Have fun writing your own poem today.

3 comments:

  1. Very clever and cute.

    I had an umbrella tha guaranteed rain. Every time I left it at home, it rained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,

    This came out great! Clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katya,
    Wish I could borrow your umbrella. I'm starting to love rain. Rainy days make great days for writing.

    ReplyDelete