Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Special Mail

I opened my mailbox
and what did I see?
A little lizard
staring at me.

Perched among the mail today.
He scooted and scampered
to run away.



     As I was walking this morning, I noticed all the different kinds of mailboxes people have at their houses.  What is your mailbox like?  Have fun writing a poem today, even if it is only a couplet.  Here is a haiku:

Mailbox by my house
brings letters and surprises
a little lizard

3 comments:

  1. Fair Warning

    My mail and newpaper
    share a box and post.
    What I found inside
    isn't standard host.

    A wasp nest was started
    and puffed up overnight.
    Fire ants built a hill
    where feet tend to light.

    Beware of news
    that stings;
    and correspondence
    that bites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    This is great. I love the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of your poems! I saw a blue lizard outside my back door today-- but didn't pause to write a poem about him!

    ReplyDelete