Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy Poet's Day

I like to laugh.
I like to rhyme.
I like to giggle
all of the time.

Come join with me
in writing rhyme,
together we'll have
a jolly time.


    It is a very good day.  I hope it will be a great day for you.  I wouldn't know that today is Poet's Day except for my friend Linda Andersen who pointed this holiday out to me.  You can visit her and learn lots of more fun activities for the month of August at her blog at  http://lindamartinandersen.wordpress.com/
    Today is also the birthday of poet X. J. Kennedy and if it is your birthday, then Kennedy is your birthday poet.
   Try writing your own poem today.   Or take a poem to lunch.  Have fun writing and reading poetry.

3 comments:

  1. The Flower

    Under a tree covered in green.
    To hard to be seen the flower stood.
    If not for the wind,
    I would not discover
    The flower under its cover
    My smile grew wide
    when to my surprise.
    I saw her eyes.
    "Well hello my friend
    It's good to see you again."
    She swayed back and forth in delight.
    Just the way, I thought she might.
    " Sorry, I have such a short stay.
    Soon, I'll be on my way.
    It's good to see you, my dear.

    Lilly of the Valley
    Only come out once a year."



    ReplyDelete
  2. June,
    Thank you for sharing your poem. And what a great day to do it on. Happy Poet's Day, you are a poet.
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy,

    Here's to you and all the other poets who make life grand:


    A Worthwhile Journey

    Poets create music
    that we clap to a beat.
    We memorize lines
    Worthy to repeat.
    Thank you poets
    for making each day
    a worthwhile journey--
    here, there, any which way.

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete