Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ferns

Fiddle heads
like fists
tightly curled
along the stem
of the fern.
Fibonacci
knew the secret
of the spirals
that slowly
uncurl
to cool
even the hottest
days.

      I've been enjoying the flora and fauna today.  I saw a white rumped shama. A most interesting  bird that sings "tick-tick."  Can you observe a plant of animal today and write a poem about it? 

3 comments:

  1. Ferns are lovely and come in such a variety. Thanks for sharing the beauty you observed in nature today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this imagery...reminds me of the ferns on my parents porch during childhood. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ferns are fun. I've seen walls decorated with paint the ferns were dipped in to stamp their shape. And the sidewalks I've seen that imprint the fern patterns in the cement are beautiful.
    Ferns come in a lot of sizes and shapes, but everyone one I've ever seen makes me feel just a little cooler. Thanks for dropping by Annalisa.

    ReplyDelete