Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Old Wagon

Rickety, crickety
the old wagon creeks
carrying goods
over hills
and peaks.

Rumbly, grumbly
the wheels turn round
over stones and sticks
in mud on the ground.

Clackety,  clankety
the cart is full of pans.
I think it sounds
like a heavy metal band,
says the old wagon man.

     Can you draw a picture of this old wooden cart?  You might enjoy reading Donald Hall's picture book, THE OXCART MAN.  What other things do you think the wagon man carried in his wagon?  Try writing a list poem about five things that might go in the cart.  If you had a cart, what would you do with it?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the sounds! (And I'm no child, as you know.) I think children will want to hear it read over and over again!

    ReplyDelete