Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, August 6, 2012

SUMMER

Here are three acrostics on summer.

Shimmering reflections
under rippling water,
my best friend
Mike and I are on the lake,
each with a paddle
rowing this boat.


Slow
up in the 
morning
making time to
enjoy
reading.


Simply
utterly the 
most
marvelous
enjoyable time to
relax. 

      Now it is your turn, pick a word that means summer to you and write your own acrostic poem.
    

1 comment:

  1. Shade
    Under the pines
    Makes mowing bearable.
    Makes me thankful
    Every time there's a breeze.
    Refreshing!

    ReplyDelete