Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ahuimanu

This is the gathering place
for the birds
in the coconut palms
the ferns, orchids,
and monstera leaves.
Their trilling
a welcoming song
calling to me
to join them,
to hear the siren song
inviting me to come
to the islands 
and feel the gentle
trade winds
breathe across
my cheeks.


    In my imagination, I'm cooling off.  Where do you go to cool off?  Can you make up a place, serene, where you can relax and be cool?  can you write a poem about your place?

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    You have quite a vivid imagination. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda,
    Should I mention the cool sand between my toes and the feel of waves rushing over my feet. The gulls cry in a too blue sky.
    A time to feel the silence; to taste the salt air. Papaya and fresh fish to eat.

    ReplyDelete