Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Weather Report

Trees are arched,
their branches sway.
Skies are cloudy,
covered in gray.
Dark clouds mumble
they even bray.
They moan and groan
and grumble away.
I think the thing
they are trying to say
is take an umbrella,
it will rain today.

     What is the weather like where you are?  Can you write a poem about your weather today?

     The gadget that counts my my posts indicated I have posted a poem a day for over 500 days now.  I want to thank you.  Every time I'd start to feel discouraged, or blocked, one of my readers would make an inspiring comment--or something would provide an idea to carry me on to the next poem.  You do make the writing a lot more fun. I appreciate your help.  I never could have reached that goal without your help.  Over 1,000 people come to the blog each week.  Thank you. 

12 comments:

  1. That's a SPECTACULAR accomplishment, Joy!! Congrats. Also I think you did a good job of cloud translation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabatha,
      "cloud translation"--- I LOVE it!
      Thanks.

      Cory

      Delete
  2. Dear JOY,
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    500. An awe-inspiring achievement!
    Thank you for always being there. Like the sun - a constant presence and a warm feeling.

    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. How are those monsoons.? I have a piece on needing judges for the CYBILS in poetry today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats -- 500 poems/500 days -- you should be very proud. Keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Joy - that's a lot of poetry.

    We had those rumbles and roars in the middle of the night last night - had my two small dogs in their own little uproars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo! Congrats on this milestone...looking forward to reading your next 500+ poems. :-)

    When will the monsoons end???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-congratulations on the 500. That is really an accomplishment. I wish we had a little of those rumbles out west! Great ending.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--500 days!

    Love the clouds mumbling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joy,

    You paint such a beautiful image of sights and sounds.
    I love your(500th)poem. THANK YOU.

    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like this one.... love that they bray.... cloey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on reaching such a worthy goal! Proud of you and love that you're doing this.

    ReplyDelete