Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

HAPPY SUNDAY

Sunday is the fun day
the day I give thanks.
Sunday is the one day
that I don't play pranks.

I'm thankful for the birds,
and the flowers and trees,
but mostly I glad that
I get to be me.

Sunday I go to church
and there I pray
to give my thanks for
our blessings today.

     Happy Sunday.  I hope it is a great day for you.  Today, can you write a poem about your favorite day of the week, or your favorite month? 

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Your first stanza brought back memories. I remember some pranks that did get pulled on Sunday. That would make an interesting poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. You've got me thinking too. What pranks did you do on Sunday? I sang in the church choir so I was too busy singing to get into trouble on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete