Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

SHADOW

In the morning
I feel fine
I see my shadow
it's a friend of mine.

In the morning when 
my shadow 
is seen,
to me 
it looks
long
and 
lean.

I think
my shadow
is pretty sweet,
because
it is attached
to my feet.

When clouds come
my shadow runs away
then we can
no longer play.
     
     Have you ever played with shadow puppets?  Can you write  a poem today about shadows?  Do have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    This reminds me of "My Shadow" by Robert Louis Stevenson.

    I like your line about it being attached to your feet. Clever!

    ReplyDelete