Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

BOBCAT

copyright 2014, Joy Acey

A bobcat came to my house today,
under my tree she wanted to play.
And even though she looks so cute
in her spotted bobcat suit
I know that I must keep away.

    Some times magical gifts are given to us, if we just keep our eyes and ears open.  This poem was the gift given to me today and the fantastic experience of seeing a wild bobcat walking across my yard.  What is something magical that has happened to you?  A sight from nature?  An unexpected surprise or gift?  Can you write a poem about one of the magical things that has happened to you or someone you know?  Have fun writing and counting blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Keeping away is a good thing! Nice one, Joy. We've been having quite a few cougar sightings out here lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you get all kinds of sightings up you way--especially the illusive bird Phoebe and Little Dude. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    I've saw a bobcat in our yard in mountains once. I never wrote a poem about it though. Maybe I should have. I did write one about turkeys in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay away from the turkeys, I don't want them to get me down. I'd love to see your turkey poem.

      Delete