Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

JELLY, OH MY!

On my toast, I like jelly.
On my biscuits, in my belly.

Jelly on my fingers.
Jelly on my face.
I've gotten jelly
all over the place.

I think that I am
a jelly mess.
I LOVE jelly,
can you guess?

    My jelly is a beautiful red color.  How many things can you think of in a minute that are red?  Can you select one thing on your list to write a poem about, or can you write a poem about being red?  Have fun writing.  Maybe you can eat some toast and jelly while you write.

2 comments:

  1. So you've intrigued me, Joy. What kind of jelly is this? My mother made tons of grape jelly for us; we had a grape arbor! But I've only made strawberry jam. I like the 'messiness' of your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jelly mess this made. Funny!

    ReplyDelete