Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, August 8, 2014

SQUIRREL

A squirrel drinks
from my swimming pool.
I guess it's how
the squirrel stays cool.

Watch him lapping
with a little pink tongue.
Then he scoots, and
runs, runs, runs.

     I fly off tomorrow, into the hurricane, so my posts might become a little irregular for the next six days.  What is something in your life that stops and starts?  (Think about that one.)  Now, can you write a poem about it?  Have fun writing and have a great weekend. 

6 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I've enjoyed watching the squirrels outside our living room window this summer. We hung a bird feeder and the squirrels hang upside down and eat from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two varieties of squirrels in Tucson. One a western ground squirrel is the size of a grey squirrel and the other desert squirrel is about chipmunk size.

      Delete
  2. Very cute. I'm curious, do you pronounce "squirrel" as one or two syllables. A group of us have had quite an argument about that. Only people writing poetry could care about such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope reading it brought you pleasure, Thank you for leaving a comment.

      Delete