Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, August 11, 2014

HOW TO TALK TO A ROOSTER

If you want to talk to a rooster
here's what you should do,
just shake your head and ask,
How do you do?

The rooster if he wants
to get to know you,
will shake his comb too,
and say, Cock-a-doodle-doo.

     This poem is an instructional poem.  It tells how to talk to a rooster.  What is your favorite animal?  What instructions could you provide the animal?  How would you teach an aardvark to make his bed, an ostrich to drink tea, a bear not to snore?  Have fun writing your own instructional poem today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,
    I'd love to hear more animal talk poems. Top of the cockle-doodle-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't this a fun topic. I can see a silly book of instructions for animals. So much fun.
      What is an animal that burps? I'm thinking of teaching it not to burp.

      Delete