Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

FLOATING ON THE RIVER

A river named Poetry
flows through my dreams
with cascading mists
dancing in moonbeams.

The cool taste of words
delights in my ear
as I'm drifting in poems
full of good cheer.

I wade with my Wellies
and grab some smooth stones,
for as long as there's poetry
I've no need to roam.

Exotic destinations are all
found in verse.
Addicted to rhyming,
oh, that is my curse. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Joy is this ever GOOD. ILY cloey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I did have fun writing this one.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    I hope to discover this river in my dreams too .

    ReplyDelete