Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, August 15, 2014

CELEBRATE!

Celebrate,
let's dance!
Let your toes
tap, tap, tap.
Let your hands
clap, clap, clap.
Let your body sway.
Today is a special day.
Celebrate me!
Celebrate you!
Celebrate all the things
we can do.

     What is one thing you can do?  Can you write a poem today about the specialness of you?  Have fun writing your own poem.

4 comments:

  1. Joy,
    My hubby is regaining the ability to do simple ordinary things again. We are celebrating life's simple pleasures! This poem was just right for my day. I'm celebrating that he cooked me breakfast this morning. The first time in at least a year and a half. Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda, what great news! Thank you for sharing this.
      It makes me happy to hear your good news. This is great reason to celebrate. Tell your husband to keep up the great work.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Joy. I'll pass on your message to him too.

      Delete
  2. You might try sending this as an action rhyme to some of the kids magazines. It's very cute and might be perfect for Ladybug or High Five.

    ReplyDelete