Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

I'm Tired

Today I'm feeling sleepy
I want to take a nap.
But, every time I shut my eyes
I feel my brother's tap.

I thought I'd try the hammock.
I wasn't being lazy.
Brother called with chores to do
Some days he drives me crazy.

Tonight I guess I'll have to try
to get some extra sleep
and then I'll feel as if I can
run and jump and leap.

   What plans do you have for today?  Do you have chores to do, or can you be lazy?  Can you write a poem today about your Saturday activities?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,
    I smiled when I read that the brother gave a tap to wake the main character. We can all relate. I have a PB manuscript that begins that way. I hope we both find a home for our writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute and brings back memories, although my "brother" was a couple of big, bossy sisters! And napping wasn't my desire. I just wanted to sit under a tree and read, read, read.

    ReplyDelete