Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

SOAP

Soap foams.
Soap bubbles.
Soap in my tub,
soaks away troubles.

   When you take a bath, what goes in the tub with you?  You can use your imagination and make up an answer to this question.  Now, try writing a poem about that.  Have fun writing.

4 comments:

  1. I could use a nice hot soak. I just finished washing my skunk-sprayed dog with vinegar and then with hydrogen peroxide mixed with baking soda. He smells much better, but is pretty mad at me. Yeah, a nice soak sounds really, really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosi.
      I didn't know the peroxide and baking soda trick. I used tomato juice once when my dog did that.
      I hope you got your soak.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ditto. Is there a national HAVE A SOAK DAY? Sounds like a winner to me. I'm sure all the bath product companies could get behind it. Of course you'd need your soap crayons so that you could write poems in the tub.

      Delete