Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, August 4, 2014

MY DOG

copyright 2014, Joy Acey



My dog loves to run in the desert
barking at doves in the sun.
It's hard to miss the cacti spines
When he's having so much fun.


    Do you have a pet?  What is the pet's name?  What does your pet like to eat?  What does your pet do?  Can you write a poem about your pet today?  Have fun writing.

5 comments:

  1. I immediately did wonder if he ever has a fight with a cactus? It must be something pets learn in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dog has come home with cacti spines stuck in his skin. This is when the pliers come out to grasp the things and pull 'em out. Of course some dogs are slower learners than others.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! And those spines aren't easy to remove. Poor puppy.

    ReplyDelete