Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Flea Circus

copyright 2014, Joy Acey


The circus is here
and I'm all agog
to see the clowns
and the flying trapeze.

The world's largest circus
made up of fleas
and they're all performing
on my poor dog.

     If you could join the circus, what would you do?  Water elephants, tame lions, juggle?  Would you be a clown, an aerialist, a bareback rider or the ring master?  Can you try writing your own circus poem today?  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. My sister has a new dog and it came with fleas. I think she likes the dog, but not the fleas. Poor dog has already had several flea baths.

    ReplyDelete