Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, March 13, 2015

FRIDAY 13TH

It's Friday the 13th,
be careful;
don't step on any cracks.
It's Friday the 13th 
beware full
don't walk under
ladder stacks.

It's Friday the 13th
don't make the mistake
of dropping a mirror
or walking
in a black cat's wake.

It's Friday the 13th
what ever you do,
please stay safe
and have a fun time too.

     My son thinks Friday the 13th is his lucky day.  Good things always seem to happen to him on this date.  I think it is just because he likes Fridays.  What is your favorite day of the week?  Can you write your own poem about a day of the week?  What makes that day special for you?  Have fun writing your poem.

     The Poetry Friday Roundup is hosted by Laura Shovan today.  (Thanks for hosting us, Laura.)  You can find links to more great poetry at http://www.authoramok.blogspot.com
/

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Joy. My son's birthday fell on a Friday the 13th this year (as it does every few years). Always a happy day for us, though I enjoyed your "ladder stacks"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I met a man just today at Ace Hardware (he was helping me fix my window screen) who has his birthday on the 13th. Or did you know in the old Roman calendar the Ides fell on the 13 in all months except March, May, July and Oct.? It is on the 15th in these months. Please wish your son a Happy Birthday. What a lucky day the 13th is for you both.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to see an illustration for a black cat's wake. Can you imagine all the chaos a black cat could cause on Friday the 13th?

    Fridays are good, no matter their number. Maybe your son's positive attitude makes Friday the 13th lucky. Happy for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda, it is also National Skipping Day for jump ropers. How many jumps can you take before you miss? Over 300,000 people participated in this event last year.

      Delete
    2. Joy,
      I miss jumping rope. Don't you? Happy spring days on their way!

      Delete
  3. I think MONDAY the 13th is WAY worse than Friday the 13th? It's a double negative in my books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Mondays always make me think I get a new start at doing things right and getting organized for the week. But, thank you. Now I'm going to have to look for Mondays on the 13th.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hey Michelle, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I've been busy at the Tucson Festival for Books this weekend. I went to a haiku workshop yesterday presented by Michael Rossen. He made a statement about practicing being happy. I think as a princess, I'm going to practice being lucky. Do you think it will work?

      Delete