Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It rained today,
I say hooray.
The desert flowers bloom.

The cactus grow,
what do you know?
Saguaro blossoms coming soon.

   Spring is definitely coming to the desert.  Desert marigolds are blooming.  My daffodils have yellow trumpets.  I've seen two snakes this last week--a rattler and a corn snake.  The birds are doing their springtime behavior.  There was half an egg shell in the pool today.  Is spring coming your way?  I hope so.  Can you try writing your own spring poem today?  Have fun writing. 

3 comments:

  1. Inspired by spring. Very nice.No time of the year is prettier in the desert than spring. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosi, Thank you for taking the time to read my little poem and for leaving a comment. It really is shaping up to being a great spring. Would you believe that we have had record highs this winter. Our winter weather is tied with last year for being the warmest on record.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    Thanks for sharing the joy of spring in the desert! Hooray for rain!

    ReplyDelete