Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

I'm sneezing. I'm sneezing
in this strong breeze.
It's raising the pollen
and my allergies.

   What is something that makes you sneeze or gives you hiccups?  Can you write a poem about that today?  Have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I hope the last line of this poem was included for rhyme and not really true for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Linda. It is only a poem. I'm healthy as a horse. But I do have sympathies for folks with allergies. Actually this poem came from going to the book festival last weekend. As I was walking to the venue I noticed that there was a lot of yellow debris in the gutter. Just like we used to get in the spring in Chapel Hill when the pine pollen would wash the streets in yellow. It took me a second to realize that the yellow was from the blossoms of the paloverde tree and the creosote bushes. It is spring and our trees are blooming too. This is really hard on people with allergies.

      Delete