Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

HARRY HOUDINI

Crouched
inside a safe,
inside a water tank
Harry Houdini
holds his breath
works his way out.

    Today is Harry Houdini's birthday.  He was a famous magician.  If you could have any magical power, what would it be?  Can you write a poem today about your power and what you would do with it?  Have fun thinking about magic.
   I wrote this poem as part of my friend Heidi Mordhorst's monthly challenge to write poems using words ending in CH.  Today's word is crouCH.  You can read more poems using CH words on her blog at www.myjuicylittleuniverse.blogspot.ca

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I loved your use of "crouch." Well done! Also, loved that your poem showed an escape artist's act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Escape Artist would make a better title for this poem.

      Delete