Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

NATURE'S CELEBRATION

All day long
I've watched the weather change.
The clouds came up
then they rearranged.

The sun is gone.
The wind is blowing.
The birds are out,
with feathers glowing.

An orange oriole
flashes across the sky.
In the citrus tree
flits a butterfly.

Soon it may rain,
I'll wait to see.
This wonderful show
has all been free.

   I hope you have lots of green to look at today.  And to wonder about.  Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Can you include something green in the poem you write today?  Have fun.

3 comments:

  1. I can see this one as a book. I like it. ILY

    ReplyDelete
  2. For more videos on kids poem check
    http://goo.gl/X23thX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy,
    I think some of the best shows are free.

    ReplyDelete