Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

HAIKU

A train's long echo
whistles calling through the night
who else is awake


  This is a short little poem based on sound.  Can you try writing your own sound poem?  What does the hum from your computer remind you of? 

7 comments:

  1. Dear Joy,
    I am always amazed by you. I am so proud of you and all the poems you share with us. Thank you

    I love trains. I've always lived relatively close to a train track. Hearing the sound of a train is healing to me.

    Love you.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See Joan, hearing a train always makes me feel I should be up and moving too. I wonder about all the people on the train. And I remember, when I was 5 being bundled up in my mom's old Plymouth at one o'clock in the morning counting train cars going past as we waited for the circus train to arrive.
      Thank you for all your encouragement and support.

      Delete
  2. Here goes...

    Coyotes bark-howl,
    My frail bones quiver-chatter.
    Can they sense my fear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Linda, this is excellent. I loved reading your haiku. We should do more of these.

      Delete
  3. I like this one especially. There is no sound I like more than a train whistle. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Rosi. Thanks for stopping by, for reading and for leaving a comment. I appreciate you.

      Delete