Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, March 9, 2015

MARCH 8, 2015

broom sedge seeds unhitch
from their whiskery branches
floating in the breeze

   Heidi Mordhorst has a list of words ending in CH that she has challenged us to write poems using a daily word.  The word for Monday is "unhitched."  I enjoyed the thought of seeds becoming unattached from their branches.  We have three large broom sedge bushes along our fence and they constantly shed seeds that float through the air and make me sneeze.  You can find out about Heidi's poetry challenge on her blog MY JUICY LITTLE UNIVERSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment