Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The moon is a bowl
dripping with scattered star dust
across the night sky.

   Did you see the moon last night?  It was a beauty.  The bowl shape always makes me think of the magic dripping out.  It was the perfect moon for making wishes.  What wish would you make?  Can you write a poem about your wishes?  My wish for you today is that you enjoy your writing practice.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I enjoyed the alliteration. I hope you did too. Thanks, Linda. Can you believe it is supposed to get to 91 degrees this week. Summer is coming early!

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! This may be the best poem you've published, Joy. It is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah... thank you for the compliment, Rosi. But alas, I do not think this haiku has a strong ah-ha moment. But, I did love the words in my mouth.

      Delete