Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

SPRING

Spring is coming.
I can tell.
The quail have started
to screech and yell.

Cane flies are 
at my window today
and the little cactus wren
calls me to come play.

My fence roses are blooming
in yellow and white,
spring in the desert
is a beautiful sight.

     I hope it is starting to feel like spring where you live.  I've had a vase of daffodils on my kitchen table this week.  The coyotes have been particularly noisy howling at one another on my morning walks.  And, there are four planets visible in the night sky.  Our daytime temperatures are in the 80's.  Lovely weather, except for the wind, and that just moves the clouds around making interesting shapes of them.  Everything is good.  Can you try writing a poem about something good in your life?  Have fun being grateful and writing.

5 comments:

  1. Spring finally decided to show up in the Carolinas, Joy! (I am so relieved...) Your poem is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, I'm so glad that you finally got spring. The Carolinas in springtime is so awesome. The blooming azaleas, the daffodils and the dogwood trees all coming out can take your breath away.,

      Delete
  2. Is the screeching and yelling a quail's mating call? Never heard this. You know a lot about the nature surrounding you. It's a delight to read your thoughts and experiences. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never hear quail make a sound like you describe. Interesting. Thanks for sharing your new poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosi, I may not have described the sound well. I'll think on it and see if I can come up with some better words. Look what I wrote to Linda above. Thank you for stopping by and for reading my poetry.

      Delete